Total Pageviews

2015/10/14

About my book 1

Hi.

My name is Shiori Sano.

 I'm studying about food culture at a Japanese university.
I established this blog to make use of the knowledge that I learned by my class.

Recently, I borrowed a book to study in a library.

So, I'll introduce my book I chose.



This is "THE CULTURAL FEAST: An Introduction to Food and Society" written by Carol A. Bryant, Kathleen M. DeWalt, Anita Courtney, and Jeffery H. Schwartz.
This is published in 2003.

The reason I chose this book is I'm interested in learning  about the origins of the eating habits of people around the world.

This book tells the complex matrix of technological, social, and ideological factors that influence human food system and the impact that food has on our social, political, and economic structures.

I'll go on reading this and then I want to think about difference between Japan and world food culture.
Also, I want to introduce interesting food culture in Japan on this blog.


2 comments:

  1. I am reading Japanese food's book. So I am looking forward to your posts from now on!
    We eat everyday naturally, however, I think that it's interesting to research food's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I grew up in Japan I realize how much I dont know about some of the Japanese food culture! Im hoping to learn a few things from this blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete